- bug fix 13565 – Burst should always be greater than or equal to Speed, otherwise, the label of Burst will turn red to indicate error and Save will be disabled. If Burst is 0, Save is also enabled.
- bug fix 13553 – IP Details (IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway) are now enabled for input even if the service has not been activated yet.
Archives for February 2013
- bug fix 13538 – The package summary tooltip can now be viewed when hovering over Invoice line items, ISP Config packages, Add Package window package list, packages tab package list.
- bug fix 13532 – The preview button is now disabled when changes in the package are not yet saved.
Is there a chance you might ever acquire subscribers from another ISP? If so, you’re gunna love this handy new feature!
Here’s the scenario:
You’ve negotiated a deal to grow your business fast and leverage the natural efficiencies that come with by buying out one of your competitors. Now you want to get their subscriber data into Ultimate Back Office. As you gather the data, you discover that it’s spread across multiple data sources and is somewhat of a mess.
It’s a likely scenario that could take weeks, months or years to clean up.
New streamlined conflict resolution tool!
Now UBO has a built in tool that intuitively flags records with conflicting data in red text and presents the summarized conflicts for speedy resolution in a simple popup window, saving clicks and manually auditing each record. An appuser who is most familiar with the data and can then easily resolve the data conflicts sequentially. A special filter shows only the records that have erroneous data. As each record is resolved, it’s text color changes to black.
For example, you may have a record with a misspelled or old address or telephone number in one of the data sets. Choosing between the conflicting data sets and saving the correct data is as simple as a single click. The un-selected / erroneous data is archived to the subscriber’s history.
In addition, records that are incomplete, meaning they’re missing an important required field, will also be flagged. You can assign one of your staff to step through each record to update the database to keep your data shiny clean.
Here’s how to use it:
1) If Incomplete or Conflict data is detected, an “[ ] Only Alerts” check box option will appear in the Display Options box under the top tool bar, next to the “[ ] Include Deleted” check box. Check that Only Alerts checkbox to display the subscribers who have erroneous data.
2) Click the subscriber whose data you want to fix. A pop-up will show the error in the data.
3) If it is because of conflicting information, choose the correct data among all the data retrieved for that subscriber. (Notice that as you hover over the field described in the pop-up, it’s corresponding field in the lower tab blinks.) Save your choices and resolve all conflicts, then you’re good to go.
You can do the same with Incomplete Data by filling up the empty fields with the information needed.
Easy, right? Now, you don’t have to scan through the tabs and look for the missing or conflicting data.
Now go buy up the competition with your UBO secret weapon in your back pocket. ^_^
In the past some aspects of your visp.net services required that you go to the Support Site to manage them, such as:
- Seeing your Pay as yOu Go (POG) balance (what you owe visp.net for software and wholesale services)
- Setting payment reminders
- Making a payment to visp.net
- Managing outage notifications
- Managing your ISP Portal
- Migration progress
- Domain management
- Radius Logs
Now, all these services are available directly from Ultimate Back Office, so you may never need to go to the Support Site again.
As you open ISP Configuration and show the nodes under ISP Information, you will notice that ISP Billing functions are now available. You can now…
- Deposit Funds to your account
- Set Billing Reminders for yourself
- View your Statements in Detailed or Summarized form
- Change the Content of your portal page
- Customize what are displayed there
- Show/Hide Group Boxes
- Set Signup configurations
And finally, with you can now access some of the services in the Support Site like Gantt Chart (for Migrating ISPs), Hosted Domains, and RADIUS Logs in the Tools Menu.