- bug fix 19013 : Maximum refund days have now been increased to 90 days.
Archives for August 2015
You can choose whether to automatically add the bill for your subscriber’s new package to an invoice or add it to a quote first.
Getting Started : Choose where the bill for a new package will be added
- Open the Settings window.
- Go to the Billing → Invoicing → Package Invoicing panel, and the Invoicing for Packages section.
- Click the option that you wish to use:
- an invoice — the bill item for the new package will be automatically added to an invoice
- a quote — the bill item for the new package will be automatically added to a quote
Items added to a quote are not included in the Accounts Receivable report. On the other hand, items added to an invoice will be accounted for in the Accounts Receivable reports.
A quote, along with its items, can be transitioned to an invoice by clicking on the Quote label found on the upper right side of the Quote window. The following prompt will be displayed once you’ve clicked on the label: “Are you sure you want to transition this quote, and its items, to an invoice? This cannot be reversed. [Yes][No]”
- Yes — transitions the quote, and its items, to an invoice, with all the appropriate calculations
- No — cancels quote to invoice transition
You can also manually generate a quote by mousing over the Add button in the Statements tab and selecting the Quote option from the menu that will be displayed.
In adding a package, you also have a choice whether to Invoice or Quote it Now even if the billing won’t start until a later date.
Also, in custom items added in a Quote, you can choose when the item will start getting billed.
To update the Subscriber Portal Settings:
- Open the Settings window > Portals tab.
- In the following panels, select the Modern option.
- Account Manager
- Brandable Portal Settings
- Online Signup
- Account Manager
You can customize your site in the Brandable Portal Settings panel. The following image will guide you on which color shows up where:
Note: Custom Logo – image logo will be placed on the Contact Us portion
To change the contents and the links the website will show, go to Settings > Portals > Brandable Portal Settings > Content.
It happened once in 15 years: Visp.net’s cloud RADIUS services went offline. The incredible history of uptime to that point was a result of redundancy everywhere in our data center including IP circuits, power circuits, servers, power supplies, ethernet, power circuits, separate paths to the internet and more. But then just the right variables brought authentication down for a short time last fall and some subscribers couldn’t get online until we figured out what went wrong and got it fixed. Naturally it happened on a weekend. It was painful.
It’s not enough just to fix the problem; the root cause must be found and fixed. But when uptime is already 99.999+ a contingency must be built. So we developed a solution.
You can now setup a backup RADIUS in your router to fail over to an auth-all RADIUS. In the event where your primary Visp RADIUS is unavailable for any reason, the backup RADIUS allows authentication requests to pass until the primary RADIUS is back online. What could feel like a catastrophe, becomes a non-event.
Set up your Secondary RADIUS now. Here’s how (link to help file).
You can provide instant answers to your subscribers by offering them help through our Online Help.
In Settings > Subscriber Portals > Brandable Portal Settings > Online Help,
you can choose whether you want to show the Default Online Help…
Or your own help documents through the Custom option.
If you choose the latter, you can definitely modify the default help provided by VISP.
- bug fix 18383 : Welcome email upon signup is now supported in the UBO software. Simply assign an email template to the email trigger ‘Any subscriber who signed up in the signup server.’
- bug fix 18881 : Newly scheduled tickets will now show on the Google Calendar tab without needing to restart the software or to reload the Calendar tab.
- bug fix 18965 : For the Outbound Deposit Report, voided payments are now excluded when calculating for the report summary.
- bug fix 18956 : For Hotspot Users table in support site, subscriber ID is now identified when querying details for the Edit Subscriber window to avoid conflicting data with previous records of the same username.