- App users can now add a package in UBO even if the package has no email service and Send email option is checked.
- Username and Password are now removed from the <<Package List w/ Info (All Info)>> ticket types merge field content.
Archives for July 2018
- ISP Site Equipment exception which happens when there are multiple frequencies saved for one SSID is now fixed. Moving forward, kindly use backslash ( / ) instead of comma ( , ) when adding multiple frequencies.
- FCC 477 report page should now display a status to inform the app user that data is still loading.
- In the Account Manager, Account Information and Billing Information can now be updated for incomplete subscribers.
- Triggered email templates with statement attachment is now working as expected.
- When scheduling a ticket, Ticket Type is now displayed first in the event title of the Google Calendar entry of the ticket.
- Adding a package to a subscriber code is now optimized.
The CEO Roundtable is an ideal place to share feedback and ideas. At a recent Roundtable, one savvy ISP pointed out that Ticket Type is much more useful to lead a Google Calendar entry than a Ticket ID. We took a vote among the present participants and agreement was unanimous, including the idea that most ISPs would find this to be useful as well.
So Ticket Type will now lead Google Calendar entries by default. However, if you prefer to use the Ticket ID, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 541-955-6900 and we’ll revert it for you.
Your success is our highest goal. Do you find this helpful as well? Send us a quick note on Glip if you like the update or join the CEO Roundtable discussions to share your ideas to make it better.
You’ve done the hard work to get your business started and you get to enjoy the fruit of your labor. Now, optimize the harvest each month and reap the rewards of true financial freedom.
The Lean methodology is your key. Is there a better month to explore freedom than July? Gain your independence from waste with three articles that demonstrate the benefits of Lean:
- Why Lean Matters to Your WISP – Learn the four basic steps to continuous improvement (hint: they’re simple and deliver big payoffs).
- Lean Wisdom: 7 Steps to Reduce Waste and Costs – Find and eliminate the waste that eats your profits.
- Lean Wisdom: Implement Lean into Your WISP – The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Keep your company Lean.
Next month, discover how to break the people code and learn how to turn subscriber voices into profits.
Until then, to your success.
- bug fix 21730 : Clicking on a subscriber quickly now displays the subscriber details at the lower tabs.
- bug fix 21801 : if the late fee is set to be added to a custom invoice, the late fee will be automatically added to a custom invoice if the current invoice of the subscriber is still open.
- Payment Express has been added as a merchant option for UBO.
- Updating payment distribution of a payment now does not reset the Load More behavior of the Statements Tab.
- bug fix 21772 : Deleting an email address using the X button to its right now works as expected for email addresses with only the Billing checkbox checked.
- bug fix 21799 : When clicking Post Payment button in the Receive Payment window, the button will temporarily disable to avoid duplicate posting of payments.
- bug fix 21800 : Requiring an email address on signup now works as expected for ISPs whose settings were saved in the legacy signup tables.
- Unsuspend prompt now displays only when posting a payment for a Suspended subscriber and Automatically unsuspend option unchecked in the Receive Payment window.
- Option to enter a non-Token credit card is now added to the Receive Payment window for subscribers who have Credit Card Token as the default payment method.
- 4G CPE now displays IMSI field when accessed in the Assigned CPE tab of the Equipment Manager.
- Checkbox option to filter upgrade package list based on the subscriber’s Location ID is now added in Settings > Portals > Account Manager > Wireless Settings. If checked, the subscriber’s Location ID will be used to filter the packages available for upgrade in the Upgrade page of the Account Manager.
- When successfully logging into Account Manager, non-Paid Up subscribers will automatically be redirected to the Pay My Bill page.
- Date field type in Custom Fields now only triggers edit mode in the lower tabs if changes are made to the custom field.