1-541-955-6900 success@visp.net

Authentication Systems Upgrade

by | Jun 6, 2016

Authentication Systems Upgrade

Posted January 5, 2016
Powerful new upgrades to your authentication systems are available now. They’re designed from the ground up for High Availability, hence HA Authentication. For a summary of the architecture, click here.

What action is required?
Follow these instructions to point your Mikrotik or other NAS to the new authentication systems.

Radius authentication through Proxy 5 and Proxy 6 at our Grants Pass data center is scheduled to be turned down February 9, 2016, 35 days from this announcement so that additional upgrades can be completed. Contact our client success team for assistance as needed at 1-541-955-6900. Working with your client success rep is free.

What’s the purpose of the upgrade?
For nearly 20 years, Visp.net maintained our own data center that grew to manage over 100 servers, most of which were related to delivering UBO and it’s supporting services. New technology has presented incredible new opportunities to improve the quality of service you get from Visp.net, so in the last 18 months, we’ve been working on a huge project to upgrade all UBO servers to leverage these technologies using the world’s leading cloud providers, including Amazon, Google and other specialized service providers.
More than 90% of this upgrade, including the most challenging servers, have already been migrated. Much of the remaining 10% includes authentication systems that we upgraded and tested throughout most of 2015. This upgrade improves performance and adds significant reliability to your authentication.

 
[gs-fb-comments]

Authentication and Provisioning

The system is redundant, scalable and automates control of subscribers’ access, speeds and usage.

Automated Suspension and Reactivation

Train your subscribers to pay on time and make payments easy to get back online.

Activation Servers Fuel Growth

Speed up on-boarding for point-to-point or point to multi-point connections and Wi-Fi at RV parks, campgrounds or marinas.

“It does what I need and more, the support is top notch.“

~Tristan Livingston (NTX Fiberwave)

“Congratulations on having such fine staffing quality on your front lines.“

~Ned Schuman (Founder, Olympus)

“Amazing how quick you guys get things done!“

~Renaldo Coakley (Coakster Wireless)

“Always works, always getting improved. Thanks VISP Team!“

~Louis Uttaro (Oso Internet)

Related Articles

ISP Marketing Strategy: The 5 Tactics to Measure Success

ISP Marketing Strategy: The 5 Tactics to Measure Success

To succeed, marketing campaigns must deliver. Knowing how to measure ISP marketing strategy success is essential to know if the investment is worth it. Read on to discover how to include tracking measures and metrics to ensure your current and future campaigns pay off.

Is Passive Churn Crushing Your Profitability?

Is Passive Churn Crushing Your Profitability?

Can you retain customers despite this subscription business menace?    There are only three ways a WISP or any business can grow -- activate new subscribers, retain customers and get them to spend more each month. Sure, adding new subscribers builds your customer...

Infrastructure Plan(s): How to Prepare for Broadband Grants

Infrastructure Plan(s): How to Prepare for Broadband Grants

Expansion can be expensive for any business, especially ISPs and WISPs. Federal broadband grants can offset the cost and advance the nation’s goal of closing the internet gap for rural Americans. But, there are often restrictive qualifications, and multiple proposals. Learn about what’s going on with ISP broadband grants.

One Habit Ignites Continuous WISP Success

One Habit Ignites Continuous WISP Success

Your success is up to you — the focus, action and habits that you apply to your goals determine how far you’ll climb. But, is there a magic formula that can transport you further into the stratosphere? Yes. Elite business leaders have a trait in common — they are...

?