If you are a new internet provider starting from the ground up, here are the important first steps to take with the Ultimate Back Office (UBO) Billing and Management Software™.
Step 1: Configure
You’ve already made arrangements and confirmed your partnership with visp.net. Now, you’re free to configure the UBO software to perfectly fit your ISP business. To do that, just log in to the software with the username and password that visp.net has provided you.
Then, simply click the ISP Configuration icon on the toolbar.
The ISP Configuration window will appear with tabs for different categories of information – this is where you can enter your ISP details.
A note on some of the tabs in ISP Configuration:
- Primary Account. This contains the details you use to log in to visp.net services like the Support Site.
- Packages. As an internet provider, you probably offer packages (bundles of products and/or services) to your subscribers. These packages are part of your billing, so you’ll want to record them in the software, too. Specify these packages in the Packages tab of your ISP Configuration. You can use and modify the ones that are already in the software, or you can create new ones. Your subscribers can later activate added services in their packages through their Account Manager. Important: Always match the package pricing you specify in this tab to that of your current actual pricing system. This is to avoid snags in accounting.
- Statements. In this tab, you can write the remarks to put on the invoices and statements that your subscribers will receive from you. You can also set the Invoice Due Date – this is the day of each month when your subscribers’ payments are due, as reflected on the invoice.
After you’re done filling out the ISP Configuration, check all your information for accuracy and click Save.
Step 2. Administer Software Users
In running your business, you may have other associates who also need to access the UBO software. In some cases, you want to let them use the software, but only with certain rights that you get to choose for them. For example, you might want your business partner to be able to produce mass emails but not to add subscribers. Just add him/her as an application user and choose which rights to give. Click here to learn how to do that.
Step 3: Get Going!
You are now ready to add, bill, and manage your subscribers with UBO! Here are some basic tasks to get you going:
- Add Subscriber. Click on the Add Subscriber icon on the toolbar to open the Add Subscriber Wizard. This will provide you with forms to fill out with information about the subscriber that you would like to add. Take note that the red text in the wizard will turn to black only when the form has been filled out properly, so check the tabs for red texts before saving.
- Post Payment. When one of your subscribers pays you, you’ll want to acknowledge that payment and record it in that subscriber’s account. In the software, just click on the name of the subscriber who paid, then click the Post A Payment icon to fill out the form for receiving a payment. You can even choose to print out this form.
- Edit subscriber details. In the bottom part of the software are tabs that contain the details of the selected subscriber. Here, you can easily edit these details. Just click on a subscriber’s name, and his/her information will appear on the lower tabs. Click Edit Details, and you can then make the changes. Make sure to click Save after you’re done editing!
For many other important functions in UBO, click on an appropriate category in this user guide.