Load time delay and UBO stability fixes
We’ve identified an issue with Oracle’s Java Runtime Environment updates after Java 8 that cause painful delays in load time for UBO. It could take over 5 minutes to load UBO – time enough to brew a pot of coffee! Not cool when you want to get work done fast.
Follow these Instructions to fix the issue:
- Uninstall Java 10 or any other version of Java runtime environment.
- Download and install the appropriate version Java 8 Update 181 64 bit (for a 64-bit machine). Notes:
- Be sure you have a 64-bit computer and the 64 bit JRE. 32-bit computers and JRE are not supported.
- Tread carefully if you have other important Java applications on your computer.
- Open the Java Control Panel (in Windows: Windows button, then type “Java Control Panel”)
- Go to the Updates tab and be sure “Check for updates automatically” is unchecked because we don’t want to update to any other JRE and undo this fix.
- It may be helpful to turn disk space up if it’s not already high.
- Also, click delete files and check all the boxes to delete installed and cached applications. Again, tread carefully if you have any other important Java applications on your system.
- Download and install UBO 7.5
- If you have a high-resolution display, follow these instructions to fix the resolution of Java on Windows.
After you apply these instructions, UBO should load in a few seconds.
If you have any issues or questions, contact us in your private support channel in RingCentral for a quick screen share assistance.