It’s the beginning of a new year – the ideal time to look at the goals that you made for 2021 and examine the ISP business strategies that worked and those that didn’t. What can you leverage from the past year to drive success in 2022?
To start, review your 2021 goals and analyze the results to determine the success of your strategies. Here are some questions to get the discussion going:
- Were the goals realistic and achievable?
- Were our assumptions about the market growth and downturns correct?
- Did we meet revenue goals?
- What were the key factors for the success or failure of the revenue goals?
- Were all the additions to our ISP team good ones — people and equipment? Why or why not?
- What other factors contributed to our ISP’s success in 2021?
- What did we learn this year that could drive success in 2022?
- Which processes and directions did we implement in 2021 that should be carried forward in 2022?
- What are our market assumptions for 2022 and why? (Consider a plan to get some grant money for internet expansion into remote areas.)
- What’s our success plan for 2022?
Get a whiteboard or a virtual whiteboard, like Google Docs to document ideas and develop the plan for your ISP success in 2022. Look at all operational areas of the business. Then focus on expansion plans and other directional shifts.
Since there’s not a single pathway to business growth, you’ll want to find mentors and trusted peers who are willing to share their story to help you achieve greater success. Stay informed with industry news from WISPA’s Facebook page. Bounce ideas around with other WISP operators on WISP Talk and have live discussions on Tuesdays at the Visp.net CEO Roundtable to learn strategies that better position your WISP for success.
May you all have an exciting 2022 with your families happy, your year productive and your business goals successful. Happy New Year!
P.S. If you want to learn more about strategic business principles and how to apply them to your ISP, check out more helpful articles in the Visp.net WISP Success Blog.