Looking Back to Move Forward
Year-end is the ideal time to look at the goals that you made for 2018 and examine the business strategies that worked and those that didn’t. What can you leverage from the past year to drive success in 2019?
To start, review your 2018 goals and analyze the results to determine the success of your strategies. Here are some questions to get the discussion going:
- Were the goals realistic and achievable?
- Were our assumptions about the market growth and downturns correct?
- Did we meet revenue goals?
- What were the key factors for the success or failure of the revenue goals?
- Were all the additions to our WISP team good ones — people and equipment? Why or why not?
- What other factors contributed to our WISP’s success in 2018?
- What did we learn this year that could drive success in 2019?
- Which processes and directions did we implement in 2018 that should be carried forward in 2019?
- What are our market assumptions for 2019 and why?
- What’s our success plan for 2019?
Get a whiteboard or a virtual whiteboard, like Google Docs to document ideas and develop the plan for your WISP success in 2019. Look at all operational areas of the business. Then focus on expansion plans and other directional shifts.
Since there’s not a single pathway to business growth, you’ll want to find mentors and trusted peers who are willing to share their story to help you achieve greater success. Stay informed with industry news from WISPA’s Facebook page. Bounce ideas around with other WISP operators on WISP Talk and have live discussions on Tuesdays at the Visp.net CEO Roundtable to learn strategies that better position your WISP for success.
May you all have an exciting 2019 with your families happy, your year productive and your business goals successful. Happy New Year!
P.S. If you want to learn more about strategic business principles and how to apply them to your WISP, check out the Visp.net WISP Success Blog.
81% of Consumers Research Local Businesses on Google - What Will They Find About You? Great reviews have incredible power – shoppers use the internet to research products and services – up to 95% of consumers use internet search engines to check up on businesses --...
Leverage Social CEO, Michael Kellim Shares Key Profit-building Tactics No matter where you are in your WISP’s development - from the startup phase to a subscriber list of thousands - don’t leave money on the table. Michael Kellim, CEO of Leverage Social shares how...
Where you spend marketing dollars is critical. A great ROI ensures your limited marketing budget doesn’t go to waste and you protect your territory from being overrun by competitors. Where should you invest your time and money? You may be surprised which tactics...
Create an action plan that delivers breakthrough results 2019 was a strong year for the U.S. and the WISP industry. The growth of internet users was 1.3 million between 2017 and 2018, and; there is close to a million projected to become new internet users by the end...