VISP’s HyperRadius boasts numerous advanced capabilities, including the Smart Session™️ feature.
Using Mikrotik Routers for subscriber authentication, Smart Session™️ facilitates real-time changes to connected clients, like instant disconnects and upgrades or downgrades to client speeds, directly within Visp.
⚠️ Smart Session™️ is only compatible with Hotspot and PPPoE authentication methods.
Update RADIUS Settings via Your Mikrotik Router
1. Click on RADIUS
2. Click on Incoming
3. Toggle “Accept,” and set the Port to 3799
Hit Apply and then OK.
Create an Inventory Profile for Your Mikrotik Router
4. Click the nine-dot menu in the upper right corner to open the Visp Admin Page.
5. Click on Equipment
6. Select Inventory Profile
7. Click on Inventory Profile
8. Input the Model of your Mikrotik Router
9. Click on the Manufacturer field, and use the dropdown to select Mikrotik.
Select Add new manufacturer, and input Mikrotik, if it doesn’t exist already.
10. Input the Device SKU
11. The Automation Profile field allows you to set notifications or automatic triggers.
This allows you to order new equipment if your stocks become low.
12. Use the dropdown to select an existing automation profile.
Or select Add new automation profile to create a new one.
13. Input a brief and concise description of the equipment.
14. Keep the Metered option off or disabled.
This relates to measuring and accounting for cable and wire lengths.
15. Click on Add.
Create the Equipment Profile
16. Click on the Equipment Profiles tab.
17. Click on Create Equipment Profile.
18. Use the dropdown to select “Router.”
19. Type a brief and concise description of the equipment.
20. Add extra details or fields to your equipment’s metadata section.
21. Click on Add
22. Click on the small X icon to close the panel.
💡 To use the Purchase Order feature in IRM, add Vendor details for the equipment.
Add the Vendor Profile for the Equipment
23. Click on the Vendors tab.
24. Click on Create Vendor
25. Fill out the Vendor information
Save your work when done.
26. Click on “Add Vendor” to select from existing Vendor profiles.
27. Use the dropdown to select a Vendor for your equipment.
28. Save your work when done.
29. Verify that the Vendor is added for the equipment.
Add the Equipment in Visp
30. Click on highlight
31. Click on the Equipment tab.
32. Click on the plus icon.
33. Use the dropdown in the Equipment Profile field to search for your newly added profile.
34. Select the tower or site to assign the device.
35. Add a Description
36. Save your work when done.
37. Click on the small X icon to close the panel.
38. Click on the tower or site, from the Infrastructure Locations panel where the new equipment is added.
39. Click on Site Equipment
40. Click on the router.
41. Click on the pencil icon on the upper-right corner of the page.
42. Toggle, “Smart Session™️”
43. Save your work when done.
💡 For more information about this and all other features in Visp, reach out to your Visp Client Success Team today.
Open a ticket via www.visp.net/ticket